Thursday, June 5, 2014

Final Blog Post

Many parts of the material covered in this class were review, such as supply and demand, GDP, and exchange rates. However in other economics classes, I never really learned about the importance of transportation and how cities can be modeled according to the central place theory. The most important thing I learned was that economics and all things in life are not black and white. When discussing trade, it is not just sending a good from point A to point B. The good has to be transported in different ways, trade barriers may play a role, exchange rates must be taken into account, and there are other numerous variables that must be considered. 

I am interested in learning more about the international business and economics. Learning about economics domestically is interesting in itself, but it is fascinating how when applied internationally, the models are the same, but the variables that effect them are even more important. 

The most challenging thing about next year will be planning for life after college. I may only be a junior, but I will need to figure out what jobs I need to look for after college and whether or not I want to go to graduate school. In addition to this, figuring out a SIP and an internship for my junior summer will also be challenging in itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment